Thursday, March 20, 2008

Traditions of Man or the Word of God

Yesterday I opened a big ol' can and got some people stirred up. I am not saying I have all this figured out about the "Sovereignty of God" but where does it say in the Bible, God controls everything?

In Mark 7, Jesus teaches on defilement mostly, but I believe His teaching fits with what I have been saying.

8 For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.”
9 He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.


My question to you is this, "Is Sovereignty (total control) a truth or tradition of man?

Hear what Jesus said next:

13 making the word of God of no effect through your tradition which you have handed down. And many such things you do.”

Remember a stronghold is a rigorously defended position. There are good and bad strongholds in your life that you defend daily. Some are traditions of man and not the truth of God. I am asking you to revisit where you heard the "Sovereignty of God" teaching and why you believe it.

Ask yourself this question, "Is this from God or man?"

No comments: