Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sit Down Jesus!

In a previous post, Am I the Only One? I quoted a scripture spoken through the prophet David in Psalms 110:1, Here it is again:

..."Sit at my Right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool."

Now read what Jesus said to the religious leaders (Sanhedrin) in Luke 23:67-70

67 “If You are the Christ, tell us.” But He said to them, “If I tell you, you will by no means believe. 68 And if I also ask you, you will by no means answer Me or let Me go. 69 Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God.” 70 Then they all said, “Are You then the Son of God?” So He said to them, “You rightly say that I am.” (Emphasis mine)

Jesus tells them and us where He is going. This is great news because of the promise He made earlier in John 14:12-14. Again let's look at that scripture

12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. (Emphasis mine)

One last scripture reading to tie all this together, Ephesians 1:17-23 (I know it is a lot but it will do you good to read the word of God.)

17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,

19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. 22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. (Again, emphasis mine)

Notice it is God's power that He worked in Christ. The same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead is living on the inside of every believer. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you are part of His body. He is the head, we are His body of believers. The body is what will destroy the works of the Satan being guided by Jesus (The head of the body).

We can do all things through Christ, but we must be lead by Jesus.

Unity of the body is what is needed in the church today to overcome the enemies of Christ. In order to make Jesus enemies His footstool, we must come together as His body. Without the word of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit, unity of the body will be impossible. Why, because we have an enemy that knows he will be defeated when the church comes together again.

Think about it, if you were the devil, wouldn't you do everything in your power to keep the church fighting against itself? I know I would, and I believe that is what Satan is doing with his "tares" in the church. More on this later.

No comments: