Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Power in Your Words- Part 1

Most of you have heard the saying:
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."

I used to think the above saying was the truth. Words really did not mean much, your actions was all that mattered. After reading and studying the Bible, (the real Truth) I have come to a different conclusion.

Your faith, plus your words, plus your belief in your heart (no doubting), is how you can move any mountain (add in any obstacle) in your life.

Let's read Mark 11:22-24

So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast in the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." (emphasis mine)

I know there have been countless sermons and teachings on this topic but I just wanted to tell you what I am meditating on right now. The assumption that words have no real power or cannot affect you, is a lie straight from the devil.

In Genesis 1, God literally spoke the world into existence. (If you do not believe that, your can not believe any other part of the Bible.) If God did not speak and create this world, than God is a liar. God is God and this is how He did it: And God said.

He then gave man (Adam) dominion over the world He created and that included "speaking" to his situation. Adam gave this "power/dominion" to the devil and that is how Satan get things done here on Earth. Wow, that is a bunch for this post. I will let that sink in, continue to pray on this and get back to it tomorrow.

Power in Your Words-Part 2

No comments: