Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Power of Two

Did you know there is supernatural power in agreement with another? When you are in agreement with another person Jesus hears and God answers.

"Again I say to you that if any two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathering together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:19,20)

Notice it is already done for them in heaven. The prayer is always answered in heaven. The believer needs to learn how to get it from heaven to earth. This is called faith. I believe faith is a verb and a noun. It requires action and effort, and it works better when there is more than one believer working in faith.

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken. (Ecclesiastes 4:9,12)

Satan wants you to be a loner. He wants to get you puffed up with pride saying, "I don't need any one's help, all I need is God." Satan is likened to a lion, looking for the loner or the weakest in the herd. That is the one (loner) he will devour. This goes against what Jesus taught in Luke 10:1-20) where He appointed 70 disciples and sent them out in pairs.

As I am writing this, I am reminded, that it seems the hardest person for me to pray with is my wife. I think Satan knows how powerful those prayers are, so he really tries to hinder the prayers of a husband and wife. I have talked to many couples and I hear the same thing, praying out loud with their spouse is difficult for them.

Let's start seeing this as an attack, and start fighting back; grab a prayer partner and start taking back what Satan has stolen from you.

1 comment:

MC said...

Greg,

Just saw your Blog, keep up the good work. I have always admired you for you energy.

Mark